Tucson, AZ Vegan Food: Midtown Vegan Deli & Market

 Heyyyyy everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I am excited for today's post because I get to show off another vegan gem that I get to enjoy here in Tucson. Being a native New Yorker, delis were definitely a staple for me growing up in my pre-vegan days and I definitely have an appreciation for a good deli. We are lucky to have an all vegan deli and market right here in Tucson called the Midtown Vegan Deli & Market. Definitely check out the menu if you're curious, it has all of the deli staples but vegan! I only just tried it recently and I'm a little mad at myself that it took me so long to get there! 

One of my favorite people here in Tucson asked me to come along with her to run some errands and then wanted to go out to brunch and I happily agreed. We've been out for many brunches before but never at an all vegan place (we typically go to Charro Vida which has a vegan and non-vegan menu) but she suggested we try Midtown. I, again, happily agreed and we ended up going there for brunch.


I ordered a sausage, egg, and cheese bagel sandwich with a side of home fries. It was very delicious and reminiscent of breakfast sandwiches I'd have back in NY prior to going vegan (although let's be honest, this will never compare to an actual NY bagel). It was delicious and nostalgic and I'm glad I tried it but I'm also looking forward to trying more of their breakfast options.


My friend ordered this amazing looking chick'n and waffle!! I had to take a picture of hers too because it looked so good. I definitely had a little envy going on but I definitely enjoyed mine as well. She said that it was delicious and she could not even tell that she was not eating chicken. That's a total win in my book!

We decided to meet up again for lunch last week and I suggested meeting at Midtown again because we both enjoyed it and it was close enough for her since she would be joining me from work on her lunch break. I was looking forward to trying a lunch item and it did not disappoint!


I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it here but chick'n caesar salad wraps are one of my favorite foods ever. I don't get to eat it often in a restaurant because I can rarely find one that is vegan and good. Look no further because I found the most delicious chick'n caesar wrap at Midtown! I already knew I would be trying this because I had been eyeing it since the first time I looked at the menu and it did not disappoint. Unlike other caesar wraps I've had before they do not skimp on the dressing and the chick'n that they use is really good. I will definitely be ordering this again.

My friend ordered the chick'n caesar salad which also looked amazing. I would definitely order that in the future as well. I didn't take a picture of it but it looked great, and she also enjoyed it.

You'll notice that the name of this place is Midtown Vegan Deli & Market. So far I've only spoken about the delicious deli but I should absolutely mention that Midtown is also a market where you can pick up some vegan items as well. Some things that sparked my interest were the bulk nooch and soy curls, the white chocolate chips (!!! omg these are so hard to find!) and some interesting snack options. I didn't take pics because there were people around and I felt weird about it but I will try to get some pics for you the next time I go so I can show you the market.

So that's all for today! I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you back here this weekend 💜


Comments

  1. That looks fun! Supposedly, the water is what makes the difference in New York bagels. I can get them frozen here that are made in New York, and it does seem different somehow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a fun place! I know I'm biased because I lived in NY for the majority of my 40 years, but NY bagels are just elite 😅 I wouldn't doubt it's the water, it's probably why the pizza is so good too 😉

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts