Tucson, AZ Vegan Food: Vegan Options Around Town

Hey everyone! I hope that you are all doing well. In today's post I thought I'd share some more vegan food that I've tried here in Tucson. This is not all inclusive as I haven't photographed everything I've eaten, but I have documented some delicious meals from some delicious places.

I know that I have shared my experiences from Lovin' Spoonfuls on this blog before and that trend will continue with the next four pictures. It is one of my favorite places in town. The menu is great, the food is delicious, the people that work there are so nice and it is nostalgic for me because it is the first restaurant I went to in Tucson.


I may have already shared this dish before but I love it so much it's worth another share. I'm not a huge fan of buffalo cauliflower wings and I love that Lovin' Spoofuls offers different sauces for their wings. I'm ride or die for their sweet and sour cauliflower wings, they are absolutely delicious.


I met up there with a friend one day and we decided to share an appetizer of these fried mushrooms. It looks very unassuming but these mushrooms were so delicious, crispy, juicy and flavorful and served with ranch on the side. I don't really even like ranch or dipping sauces much in general but the ranch was a perfect accompaniment for these delicious mushrooms.

You can probably see my mancala board set up in the background. My friend and I love meeting up for a meal and playing board games and catching up. We always stay out of the way and make sure we are not monopolizing a table if it is needed, but it is so much fun and I highly recommend it!


This masterpiece was from my most recent trip where I was excited to try something off of their new breakfast menu. They have so many items I'm excited to try but I really wanted to try the veggie breakfast sandwich. It has tofu scrambled with spinach, mushrooms, onions and tomato, vegan cheese, and it is supposed to have a chipotle aoli. I asked them to hold the aoli since the thought of aoli and any mayo type sauces make me gag. It came with these super fresh, piping hot breakfast potatoes and homemade ketchup. The potatoes were perfectly cooked and very crispy. The only thing is that they were very salty so I would maybe ask for them to be lightly salted next time. Overall, this was absolutely delicious and I would absolutely order it again.


The last dish I have to share from Lovin' Spoonfuls is this Tofu Caesar Salad Wrap. I love a good caesar salad wrap so I was excited to try this. For some reason they include olives in their caesar salad and caesar wrap which boggles my mind because olives are awful 😂 I asked to replace the olives with tomatoes and it was so good! I would have liked a little more dressing but it was a really delicious meal. The wrap came with some of their delicious fries. They are amazing when they are fresh. I don't love getting them to go because they just aren't as good once you get them home but a few minutes in the air fryer will bring them back to life.


This beautiful meal is from Del Cielo Tamal. This will be shocking to no one but I went there for brunch. I told you I'm a basic brunch bitch 😂 I met up with my friend one morning and we enjoyed a delicious vegan brunch. I had the vegan chorizo omelette (I'm a sucker for a vegan omelette) with a side of their delicious beans and some unpictured corn tortillas. This meal was delicious and the staff was so lovely and very helpful. I haven't been back here but I definitely would love to try more of their menu.


I'm apparently an acai bowl girl now. I had never tried them before moving here but they are so refreshing when it gets really hot. My favorite bowl is from Nautical Bowls. This beauty is the Surf Bowl with a few modifications. It has an acai base layer and a coconut base layer and now it seems that they've added a cacao base layer as well (I haven't tried the new version yet). It typically comes with banana, granola, hemp seeds and peanut butter. Their granola is not vegan so I ask them to switch it out for strawberries and they always accommodate the change. It is so delicious and once I'm working again I definitely plan to get back there to enjoy another bowl.


And now, the piece de resistance! I can't even describe the gloriousness in this picture to you. I'd heard about this all vegan bake shop called Houlden's Rise Above for the longest time and the pictures of their beautiful pastries were teasing me on Instagram. I finally decided to head over there and picked up a sampling of some of their beautiful pastries. In this box is a pepperoni pizza danish, a gluten free pesto danish with some veg, a vanilla cream cruffin and a pain au chocolat. The savory pastries froze and reheated in the oven really well and were so delicious. The sweet pastries were unbelievable. I had the vanilla bean cream cruffin the day I got it and I honestly had no idea that it was possible to achieve that quality of pastry with vegan dough. It was one of the best pastries I've ever had, vegan or not. The pain au chocolat was eaten on another day so it wasn't quite as fresh but it was still absolutely delicious. There wasn't a lot of chooclate inside of the pastry so the chocolate on top added a lot to the pastry. I absolutely loved it and would love to go back and try more of their options once I am able to fit it back in my budget.

I think we are all caught up on the delicious restaurant food I've tried in Tucson (that I've photographed, I've been to a few other places too). Since I'm on a pretty strict food budget right now I look forward to sharing some budget meal options and what I'm eating in a day on a budget. 

Thanks for stopping in and I'll see you in the next one! 💜


Comments

  1. OMG this post needs a warning of do not read on empty stomach! Such yummy looking dishes. And I never realized you have such cute food quirks 😊- Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I should have put a warning! Every time I try something new I'm so impressed by the quality of vegan food here. Those pastries are unbelievable!

      Haha, there are few foods that I absolutely despise but mayo and olives would be tied for the top 🤣😆

      Delete
  2. Ooh, there is so much good stuff here! I would love to try those mushrooms, I'm also a sucker for a vegan omelet, and I am so, SO envious of people with vegan bakeries near them. (There are vegan options at my town's bakery, but only a handful.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea that Tucson would have so many vegan options! The bakery is THE BEST! Lovin Spoonfuls has amazing baked treats as well, I truly am spoiled for choice!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts