Feeding Myself

Hey everyone, I hope you're doing well. Sorry about the unexpected hiatus, unfortunately life happens sometimes and I just didn't really have much to say. Today's post will be short but I wanted to come back and shout out Lovin Spoonfuls, one of my favorite local restaurants here in Tucson.

I have been dealing with a lot of stress lately and my appetite and motivation to cook have gone out the window. I went too long without eating anything and while I still wasn't hungry I knew I needed to feed myself. I really didn't want to cook so I decided to try something that I had been wanting to try from Lovin' Spoonfuls.


They added some new dishes to the menu including some new bowls. I got the Sweet and Sour bowl which comes with tofu, veggies and brown rice. It was the perfect dish to get because it wasn't super heavy and I definitely needed some actual nutrients in my life.


The dish was delicious and something I would definitely get again. It had tofu, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I do wish there was a little more tofu but it was really delicious. I will actually be heating up the leftovers for dinner tonight.


I had also been wanting to try the gluten free chocolate chip oatmeal cookie as well so I picked one up. I wasn't really in the mood for it when I got it but I tried a bite and it is really delicious. Whatever I don't eat today will go in the freezer and I'll eat it when I actually feel like it.

I have also wanted to try their cornbread maple butter (also gluten free, of course) so I picked one of those up as well. I was going to have it for breakfast but didn't so I'll take a photo when I do eat it and I'll let you know how it is!

The whole point of this post is to say that sometimes we just have to do whatever it is that we need to do to take care of ourselves. I try to cook for myself as much as possible and to stick to a budget but sometimes you just have to compromise to get yourself fed. I chose something that is similar to something I would cook myself and that I had wanted to try anyway. This actually helped in another way because I didn't have to make any decisions which was something else that I didn't want to deal with. I'm still feeling a lot of stress but at least I'm taking care of my physical body so I don't make the situation worse.

I hope that you are all doing well. I'm ready for the weekend and for another day off next week for the 4th of July. I am trying to figure out stuff to do on my weekends while the temperatures rise because it has been 107°+ every day and it is just too hot to do anything. I'll definitely update you once I figure out some fun summer in the desert activities. 💜


Comments

  1. You are doing your best to take care of yourself! I default to spicy peanut ramen or rice when I feel that way. It's not perfect but the peanut butter gives me a lot to sustain me, and spicy food comforts me for whatever reason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh that sounds good! I don't know if I have a go to but I guess maybe it is some gluten free pasta with plant based butter and notch. Super easy and so yummy!

      Delete
  2. I understand needing a blog hiatus, and also struggling to have energy to cook. I have been hardly cooking the last few months, and I have maybe made dinner once in the last six weeks or so. Do what you need to look after yourself. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely know how that goes, I hope that you are feeling better now! Big hugs to you <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts