Vegan Desert Butterfly

Well hello everyone! VERY long time no see. I know it has been a very long time since I've posted anything on my last blog... like a really long time. BUT, I have missed blogging SO MUCH. I've wanted to come back many times over the past two years but was just in too bad of a headspace to make the commitment. But, for those of you that have followed my previous blogs and have moved over here with me, thank you! Thank you for your patience and for your support over the years. I can't describe how much it has meant to me. And for those of you just finding your way over here, welcome! It's so nice to meet you and I'm so excited that you're here!

So, I don't really know where to start. I guess I'll start by sharing the meaning behind my new blog name. The next few posts will get into the details of how I got here. Anyway, the last that you heard from me I was living in New Mexico. That didn't end up working out (I'm not going to discuss that at all here) and I ended up back on Long Island for about a year and a half. I was at the same crappy job and living in the same place that I was so excited to get away from. I was devastated that I had to leave the desert. The desert is home for me. I LOVED it. After that I hit what you would definitely call a "rock bottom" and I decided to just say "fuck it." I went so far out of my comfort zone I couldn't even see it in my rearview mirror as I bolted out of New York. Again, details will follow. But, I'm now living in Arizona and I could not be happier. It is stunning and I am happy. For the first time in I don't even know how long I am happy.


As you can tell from my blog name I am still vegan. In addition to being vegan I am now gluten free as well. If you've read my previous blogs you'll know I've struggled for years with Fibromyalgia and feeling unwell. It had gotten to the point where I felt ill after pretty much every meal. One day I ran into a friend who had just been diagnosed with celiac. A light bulb went off in my head and I decided to give gluten free a solid try. I have dabbled with it in the past but I was very strict this time, checking every single label and only eating things that were whole foods or labeled gluten free. I felt better within 3 days. I kept it up for 2 weeks and then ate something with gluten and wouldn't you know it, I felt SICK. I don't believe I have celiac, I think it is just an intolerance and I feel so much better since I've removed gluten from my diet. So, that being said, I will be sharing delicious gluten free vegan meals that I've made as well as the amazing gluten free vegan options that Tucson has to offer. 

Finally, the butterfly part of this blog name. The butterfly has two meanings for me. First, butterflies symbolize metamorphosis and I can confidently say I have been through a metamorphosis. I have done things I never would have thought that I was capable of doing. I am a completely different person and I'm so proud of how far I've come. My life is not perfect. I still deal with anxiety, depression, mental illness, etc. But I've taken control of my life again and I've taken risks and made the changes that I needed to in order to even have a chance at happiness. 

Secondly, if you read my previous blog you'll know I lost someone very special to me. I know he is still always with me and he shows up as a butterfly. When I am struggling butterflies appear, whether it is an actual butterfly, a mural, a t-shirt... he will make sure I know that he is there and he is protecting me. I am so incredibly grateful to have the best guardian angel. And I know that he is watching me and so beyond thrilled that I've started blogging again.

And that's how I got here to this new space. My next few posts will get into how I got to Arizona and the road leading up to these changes. I have a lot to share and get ready for some major photo dumps 😅

Once we get through the background of how I got here, this blog will be focusing on living in Arizona/the desert, gluten free vegan food and living with mental health struggles. I used to keep all aspects of my life separate but these things are all part of who I am. I don't really see any need to separate them. This is my life and I'm excited to share all of it with you.

Thank you again to everyone who has joined me here. I'm so excited to be back and to be able to finally be able to share my life from a happier place. It has been such a long journey to get here but I am beyond thrilled to have finally been able to make it here.


I think I'm going to leave it here for today. I am not sure how often I will be posting but I'm hoping for 2-3 days per week. Thank you again for joining me here and for listening 💜 I am so grateful to every single one of you that takes the time to visit and read and comment. Thank you! I'll see you next time as we get into Part 1 of how I ended up here. 




Comments

  1. Welcome back! You have had quite a journey.
    Wishing you a very healthy successful and happy future! <3 xx :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG HI!!!!! It's so nice to see you!!! Yes, it has been quite the journey, stay tuned to my next few posts, I'm going to tell you how I got here. Thank you so much for coming over here, I hope to see you back here soon :)

      Delete
  2. Good to "see" you again! I am glad you're doing well in Arizona. You take beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhh HI!!!!! So good to "see" too! Thank you so much :) I'm definitely much happier here!

      Delete
  3. Good on you for making such big changes for your own happiness. I can't wait to catch up and see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhhhhh hi!!!! Thank you so much 💜 I'm excited to catch up with you too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts