Desert Butterfly Art

 Hey everyone! Sorry for the missed post, the tooth extraction really knocked me on my ass! But I'm back and for something different I thought I'd share some of the art that I made while I was on hiatus from blogging. If you are new here, I make (well made, I haven't made anything in a while) mixed media art. It's really fun to watch the pieces come to life and it's really relaxing and therapeutic. 


This was the piece that kind of led to a burst of inspiration and the cool thing was that I had no plan when I started it. I was in a Facebook group where we would swap Artist Trading Cards and became friends with one of my swap buddies so we decided to swap another project. It was really nice because she suggested it after I mentioned I wasn't feeling particularly inspired. Wouldn't you know it worked! This is one of my favorite pieces I've ever created (that butterfly is just everything) and it now lives in Australia!


I was so proud of it I showed a picture of it to my friend/work colleague (this was when I was still working in the medical office). She LOVED it and commissioned this piece as a gift for her friend. These colors are not my typical color scheme but I also love how it came out. The yellow isn't too overwhelming, it adds just enough highlight without making it overwhelming.

After I rage quit the first job (medical office), I decided to rent a shelf in a local shop that would rent space to local artists and crafters to sell their work. It was such a cool concept for a business and I love that they supported local artists. It was also really cool to have my art officially for sale in a store! The remaining pieces you'll see are some of the pieces I made for my shelf!



Can you tell I was really into my butterflies? Shocking, I'm sure.


I loved this one! The kitty, moon, stars and upcycled CD make me so happy. I ended up gifting this one to a friend.


This one has a ton of detail and took a lot of time and I love the colors!


This is one of the two pieces that I ended up bringing with me to Arizona. Again, not my typical color scheme but I just love it so much. And the quote "and so the adventure begins" was just too perfect to leave behind.


This one is similar to a piece I created a few years ago for a donation to a charity auction for a puppy adoption organization.


This is the other piece that came with me to Arizona. This may be my favorite piece I've ever made.


This one also ended up being a gift.



Pardon the terrible lightinging but this was my shelf! I had some 8x10 canvases, 5x7 canvases, 4x4 canvases, CDs and some ink and stamp bookmarks. The bookmarks sold really well! I sold a few of the other pieces but as you can tell by how many I ended up giving as gifts and bringing with me I clearly didn't sell out. It was such a good experience and pushed me to challenge my creativity by creating so many pieces in such a short period of time. I think I made 10 pieces in less than two weeks.

So there you have it! This is some of my art from while I was off not blogging. πŸ˜… While I was going through my pictures I saw some pictures from a couple of adventures from when I was in NY and I will probably share those with you as well because they were such a great time! I haven't decided what Sunday's post will be but I will be here and I have a feeling there will be water πŸ˜‰ It's hot here in the desert, I need to daydream about my water!

Anyway, happy Friday eve! I hope you've all had a wonderful week and I'll see you on Sunday πŸ’œ


Comments

  1. It's good to experiment! And it sounds like you got a lot out of making the items, even if they didn't sell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely more about the process and not the profit πŸ’œ

      Delete
  2. Helllooooo! Catching up on so many posts! I always love seeing your art. That kitty cat one is especially gorgeous. No surprises that I would gravitate to the one with the cat. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! I had a feeling you may gravitate toward the kitty one ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts