Gluten Free Vegan Restaurant Meals - Mostly NY Edition!

 Hey everyone! Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading the story of how I got to Arizona. You'd think that from here I'd be full speed ahead with Arizona posts buuuuuuuuuuuut... I have a few NY meals that I wanted to share with you. It's mostly because there is a restaurant/business that I want to share with you because they are amazing and became my go to place once I went gluten free. So, I figured I'd share those meals with you because I obviously enjoyed them enough to photograph them even though I wasn't blogging at the time.

The first few dishes I'll be sharing came from a restaurant called Green Street Eatery in Levittown, NY. They are fully vegan and fully gluten free. When you are a gluten free vegan and can walk into a restaurant and choose whatever you want off the menu, you go and support them as much as you can! They started as a food truck and then opened a brick-and-mortar location as well. They have done really wonderful things for the community and I highly recommend stopping by if you are ever in the area.



The first dish (pictured above) is probably one of my favorite dishes I've ever eaten in my life. I know this is a bold claim, but it was GOOD. It is a spinach, mushroom and vegan feta crepe with cashew cream drizzle and potatoes on the side. I watched them pick the spinach from their garden as I was waiting at my table outside after I ordered. Spinach and mushroom is one of my favorite combinations, the crepe was perfect, and the vegan feta added creaminess and saltiness. It was so damn good. It was a special that day and that was the only time they had it until after I left 😢 But, I'm glad I got to try it that one time! 


This dish is on their daily menu and it was as fresh and delicious as it looks! This is the Seoul Bowl and it has brown rice, bean sprouts, roasted Korean cauliflower, shredded carrots, tomatoes, pickled red cabbage, kimchi, sesame seeds, green onion and their house made yum yum sauce. It normally comes with cilantro but I don't mess with that soapy tasting shit. Anyway, this bowl was super fresh and that yum yum sauce was amazing. I had this bowl after a hike and it was the perfect choice!

I don't have a photo of this but I saw on Instagram one day that their daily special was a Korean crunch wrap. If I remember correctly, it was a lot of the ingredients above (I definitely remember the cauliflower, kimchi and sauce) but in crunch wrap form and it was spicy and amazing. I normally don't make that much of an effort to try dishes from a restaurant but I saw the special and made the effort to head over there after work before they closed and I'm so glad I did!


The last picture that I have from Green Street is the breakfast nachos. These have corn chips, tofu scramble, tomato, onion, olives (gross), jalapeno, green onion, guac and a nacho cheese sauce. They are on their weekly brunch menu and they are pretty good. I went to Green Street mostly for brunch and would usually go for one of the specials but my friend wanted to split these and I'm glad I tried them! They were good and I'd definitely recommend them but nachos are not my typical first choice.


This dish is from a different restaurant and is a gluten free baked ziti. I'm not going to share the restaurant because since I've left they've rebranded and from what I understand there have been issues with the vegan menu so I'm not going to promote them unless I'm 100% sure that everything is ok. But I just wanted to show you this baked ziti because it was delicious.


This is not a restaurant meal but I was so proud of it 😂 When I went gluten free I started making crustless quiches because I wasn't interested in figuring out gluten free crust for a quiche. Then I found gluten free pie crust at Whole Foods (then Lidl for way cheaper!)/ These are Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shells. I was super excited to find them and decided to make a broccoli "cheddar" quiche and it came out perfect. I used Just Egg to make my life easy and it tasted so good. The crust was pretty good, I have purchased them again and will continue to purchase them (on sale). It's just nice when you feel like you can eat something that you didn't think you would be able to again because of restrictions.


Finally, this is a dish that I had in Arizona. I have mentioned Lovin' Spoonfuls previously and this was the dish that I had mentioned that was gluten free and I LOVED. These are the gluten free sweet and sour cauliflower wings and holy shit are they good. They also have a buffalo and a BBQ option but I've never liked either of those sauces. Anyway, the sweet and sour sauce is delicious and the gluten free coating on the cauliflower was perfect! It was super crispy and pretty light and I just absolutely loved this dish. As you can see, they give a pretty hearty portion and these reheat beautifully in the oven (I'm sure they'd be even better in an air fryer).

So these are some of the delicious gluten free vegan (mostly) restaurant meals I've had in the past year. I definitely miss having Green Street around because it was such a great place and it was so nice to not have to worry about cross contamination, mistakes and just to be able to order whatever I wanted off the menu. We do, however, have some great options here in Tucson and I'm excited to share those with you as I try them out. 

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great week and I'll see you back here on Thursday to share one of my favorite experiences I've had in Tucson so far!

Comments

  1. It does sound like an amazing restaurant, and those crepes sound really great! I love the idea of you being able to see your spinach being picked for your meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was by far my favorite restaurant! It was so cool watching them pick the spinach, you can't get any fresher than that!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts