Stuff I've Been Eating #6

Hey everyone! Happy weekend! I hope you're all doing well. I'm here with another short post of a few things I've been eating this week. I promise I do eat fruits and veggies although it may not be evident here 😂 I will be making a pot of veggie soup to eat over the next few days so there will be something a little more colorful in my next post, I promise!



Toasted bagel with peanut butter and banana. I'm so weird about peanut butter. I love it but I rarely eat it because I think I have textural issues with the thickness and stickiness. I always feel sick after and I think it's because of that but who knows. I do love peanut butter and banana toast though and this was delicious!


Look at this masterpiece! I went to Midtown Vegan Deli and Market and decided to try the Cold Turkey sandwich. It has vegan turkey, chao cheese (the BEST cheese in my opinion), lettuce, tomato and pickles. It's supposed to have mayo but ew hahaha. I asked for it without because of a very intense aversion to it.

This thing was huge so I got two meals out of it and had some chips on the side. It was delicious and I would absolutely recommend it and eat it again, but I think the chicken caesar wrap is still my fav from the deli.


These are the crumpets from Trader Joe's. I've been meaning to try them for a while but never got around to it. A very amazing Brit advised that the best way to enjoy a crumpet is to toast it and add lots of butter. I toasted my frozen crumpets and slathered them in butter and they were delicious! It kind of looks like an english muffin but I liked these more. Next time I'll probably just have one with some fruit on the side but this was excellent and if I remember correctly, these were pretty inexpensive.


I decided to try making the mug cake again, but this time I used all oat flour (no cocoa powder), skipped the peanut butter, added a little almond extract and used chocolate chips and sliced almonds. It was so good! It wasn't as rich as the mug brownie, it tasted more like an almondy, chocolatey banana bread. I really enjoyed it this way! I've finally used up my oat flour but I can make some more with the oats I have. I still want to try making a breakfast version, maybe with some blueberries from my freezer. I'll work on it and share the results!

So that's all I have for you today! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here on Tuesday, most likely with more meals. I believe we are supposed to get down to highs in the 90s next week so hopefully it'll start cooling down more and I'll be able to get back out for more adventures soon! 💜


Comments

  1. I love crumpets! You can do a lot with them, but I mostly like them with salted butter. Sometimes I make breakfast sandwiches out of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crumpets were so good! A breakfast sandwich sounds amazing! I'll have to give it a try at some point 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts