Stuff I've Been Eating #5

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well and having a nice start to your week. This week's post will be a little shorter as I only have a few meals to share, but they were quite delicious! It's still over 100 degrees here which is abnormal and oppressive and I really can't wait until fall finally hits and I can comfortably get out and enjoy some cooler weather. For now, I continue to be grateful daily for the invention of airfryers as my oven continues to be a decorative piece in my kitchen.


This strange meal is actually one of my new favorites! It's a very affordable way to eat pizza and is also very easy and quick to make in the air fryer. I had originally cut the bread like this with the intention of making garlic bread but decided I wanted pizza instead. I added sauce, cheese and a little oregano to the slices of bread (an entire large loaf cost $1!) and threw it in the airfryer for a few minutes until it was golden brown and the cheese was bubbly. It was easy, I didn't have to turn on the oven, and it was affordable. I didn't have salad ingredients so I just cut up an apple on the side for some freshness and it was delicious!


I found the vegan Pad See Ew that I had gotten from Trader Joe's a little while ago in the back of my freezer and decided to warm that up with a scallion pancake, also from Trader Joe's, for a late breakfast/early lunch. Unfortunately, the Pad See Ew was not great and I probably wouldn't repurchase it. The noodle texture was ok but the sauce was a bit strange to me and the broccoli was so underwhelming. I love Pad See Ew but this just missed the mark. There was not one crown of broccoli, just a few stalks. Definitely something I'll skip in the future, unfortunately. The Pad Thai that they have in the freezer is a much better option.

The scallion pancakes, on the other hand, are amazing. They have been one of my favorite purchases from Trader Joe's for a long time and I try to have some on hand when I can. They cook up quickly and are delicious. If you decide to try them just know that Trader Joe's has two different packages of scallion pancakes, just make sure the grab the one that says vegan on it! 


This is the vegan mug brownie by Zardy Plants that I've been making when I have a chocolate craving! I use oat flour instead of regular flour when I make it and it turns out great. I love that it uses ingredients that you'll find in pretty much any pantry, it tastes delicious and it's super easy. I have been thinking about making it as a baked oatmeal option by using all oat flour instead of cocoa powder. I think I will try it for breakfast this week and let you know how it works out! Anyway, this is a fast, easy chocolate fix that is a lot more rich than you'd think.


You've seen this meal before but I had some more chick'n noodle soup this week. It's probably my favorite comfort meal and you'll probably see it a lot this winter! I am looking forward to making my favorite veggie soup soon as well.

So that's all I have for this post! Sorry I didn't photograph more meals but sometimes it just doesn't occur to me. Things have been moving a little more on the job search as there have been more opportunities listed, so hopefully I'll have a little normalcy in my life soon! I will keep you all updated as usual. I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and I'll see you back here this weekend!💜


Comments

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your job prospects! And for a break in this weather, ugh!

    I love mug cakes, and that one looks like it could work for breakfast, with the oats and banana.

    Sorry Trader Joe's betrayed you. Some of their stuff is really hit or miss. But scallion pancakes are so great and so versatile--you can have them with a scramble for a kind of Asian-ish breakfast taco, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 I will definitely be making the mug cake this week, i just need to figure out what flavor i want to make.

      Scallion pancakes really are so delicious. I love the idea of making into a breakfast taco! Sounds like a delicious idea!

      Delete
  2. Wow your trip to the Storm King Art Center looked so cool. From the landscape to the art structures it looks so unique and lush. Glad you had an outing in nicer weather too. I cannot believe it is still so hot in AZ! I also tried and hated Trader Joe's Pad See Ew - I had to toss it out after one bite. I hate to waste food but just no. Your homemade pizzas always look so yummy and I really have to try these popular mug cakes. I often want vegan cake and cannot find them locally so this would be the perfect fix for a craving. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a really fun day!! Ok I'm not the only one who didn't like the pad see ew! It was so bad! At least the scallion pancake was good 😊 I love making the French bread pizza for an inexpensive way to enjoy pizza, i definitely see some more in my future. The mug cake is great for a small portion of cake but definitely is not as good as real cake. It gets the job done though!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts