Stuff I've Been Eating #4

Hey everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I'm back today with another Stuff I've Been Eating post. I know some of these meals are weird. I've been in a weird mood lately and nothing that I have sounds good to me. When that happens I just put the stuff that does sound good on a plate and I eat it. While I try to ensure that my meals have some type of balance sometimes it just doesn't matter and I just need to feed myself. You'll also see that apples are prominently featured this week 😅


I had some tofu that I had opened and needed to finish up so I ended up making some breakfast sandwiches. This first one is just some crisped up tofu seasoned with black salt and pepper with some vegan cheddar and ketchup on one slice of this multigrain bread. It was supposed to mimic an egg and cheese sandwich but didn't quite hit the mark. It was still good though. Obviously served with an apple haha.


This next breakfast sandwich was leveled up a bit by adding some wilted spinach and some tomato. I really liked these fresh additions but did not like the cheese with the veggies and tofu. Next time I'll keep the veggies and add some avocado instead of the cheese. I think that will be perfect. And, of course, an apple.


I had some oat flour and very ripe bananas that I wanted to use so I decided to make Chocolate Covered Katie's Healthy Banana Bread recipe. This is my go to banana bread recipe. I use all banana (no yogurt), almond milk (no oil), and I cut the maple syrup to 1/3 of a cup. I also use oat flour instead of regular flour. It is basically like eating baked oatment with the oats just blended instead of whole. It is delicious and a really nice change of pace to regular oats. I don't have a regular loaf pan so I baked it in a square pan and cut it into bars and it has worked out really well! The loaf freezes nicely so I keep most of it in the freezer in individual servings and take a serving out as I want it.


I had a few walnuts to use up so I added those as well as a few pecans since there wasn't quite enough walnuts for my liking. I've also made this recipe substituting applesauce for the banana and adding diced apple and some nuts to make an apple bread and it is DELICIOUS.


This meal is one of the I can't be bothered so I'll eat what sounds good kind of meals. It's a small russett potato air fried until crispy, corn that I had in the freezer and an apple. It's a weird combination with no protein to be found but it was filling and satisfying so that's what mattered.

So that's what I have for you today! I hope you have a wonderful week and I'll see you back here this weekend! 💜


Comments

  1. Hi there. Your trip to Sedona looked breathtakingly beautiful. I admire that you don't let long road trips hold you back. Your food always looks so lovely and varied. Just checking in on what you said about being in a weird mood lately. I hope you are doing okay and keeping up your spirits during your ongoing job searching. I can't imagine the stress you are under. Sending positive thoughts and good luck your way. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiiiiii! Thank you so much, the trip to Sedona was really beautiful and I'm looking forward to going back when it's hiking weather! I love road trips and have an amazing Playlist which I call my concert set list 😂🤣

      Thank you for checking in 💜 sometimes I just have these moods where no food sounds good to me and I have to figure out what I will tolerate for meals lol. I'm sure it's linked to stress but I always figure it out in the end. Thank you for checking in about it, I really appreciate it and I'm grateful for you!

      Delete
  2. I know just what you mean about leaning into whatever it is sounds edible. Apples are great! If you have peanut butter, that might round out some of the proteins, and it can be fun to dip slices in.

    I love how you've adapted the banana bread recipe to suit you! Sounds like a whole new dish. I like blending oats for overnight oats, too, to make a sort of pudding. Lots of options with very similar ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love apples with peanut butter but peanut butter is a weird one for me because some days the thickness and texture hits wrong and I get super nauseous after I eat it. I need to really be in the mood for it for it to sit right but now I'm wondering if a different nut butter may sit better with a different texture.

      I love using oat flour and blended oats for recipes instead of whole oats. I've never thought of using it for overnight oats, I should give it a try!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts