Stuff I've Been Eating #3

Hey everyone! I hope you're all doing well. I'm back with another stuff I've been eating post. There's not a ton of variety in today's post but I do have some yummy meals to share. Almost everything you see was sourced from my stash in my pantry and freezer with only things like bananas and apples being purchased for the week. I'd like to thank past Sarah again for getting all the great things at Costco in the past so present Sarah can enjoy the benefits!


I wanted to make a variation on my chick'n noodle soup so this is a tofu noodle soup with broccoli. This was absolutely delicious and in true Sarah fashion, I miscalculated how much I made and enjoyed this for 3 meals 😅


I really wanted pizza but didn't want to pay for a Daiya pizza (about $8 at Walmart). I remembered I had some bagels in the freezer and had some sauce and cheese in the fridge (the new Walmart BetterGoods brand cheese is actually pretty good!) so I decided to make a pizza bagel. This was not the most elegant meal but it certainly tasted great and took care of a pizza craving.


You guys. I have POUNDS of frozen fruit in the freezer. I have 3 giant Costco bags of fruit (strawberries, cherries and pineapple), a big bag of frozen bananas that I keep replenishing with my overripe bananas, and small bags of mango and wild blueberries. I've decided I need to start each day with a smoothie or smoothie bowl to use up my fruit and figured it would be best to do so while it is still so hot. Once it cools off I'll switch back to oatmeal for breakfast.

This smoothie bowl is a simple strawberry banana smoothie with some grain free granola I've been holding on to, some banana, cacao nibs and hemp seeds. This was delicious!


My goal for this meal was to make another variation of the soup from above by making a chick'n and rice soup with broccoli. It should have been simple but somehow turned out terribly. I didn't use enough Better than Bouillon so it was incredibly bland and there was basically no broth. It wasn't gross it just tasted like nothing so I decided to fix it.


I could have just added some water and more Better than Bouillon, but instead I threw it into a pan with some soy sauce, rice vinegar, a little maple syrup, some garlic and a tiny bit of sambal oelek for some spice. This stir fry was much better than the soup and had more flavor but it wasn't amazing. I'm kind of sad I used the last of my soy curls in this dish but one day I'll be able to get some more.


This is a typical snack plate for me these days. I'm still enjoying my granny smith apple each day and I have some almonds on the side. In addition to the giant bag of pecans from Costco, I also have a giant bag of almonds so you'll definitely be seeing them featured in these posts as well.

So that's what I have for you today. There will definitely be some more variation next week as it's definitely a goal for me to continue to play more in the kitchen with the ingredients that I have and I'm looking forward to sharing the results with you!

Have a great rest of your week!


Comments

  1. Pizza bagels are great!

    I know sometimes things don't turn out the way we want, but it's at least somewhat empowering to make things better, if not perfect. Good for you for trying to fix the rice thing.

    I don't know what condiments you have around, but I've had good luck with nutritional yeast and soy sauce livening up "meh" soup broths.

    As for the fruit, if you do still have it in fall, you can make baked fruit crumbles and things, too, with the oatmeal. I love a fruit crumble!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pizza bagel was great! It's definitely an inexpensive way to satisfy the pizza craving 😊 it was nice to be able to save a less than stellar dish and I LOVE nooch and soy sauce together as a flavoring! It's really good to season veggies too (with some garlic and onion, yum!).

      Yes! I had decided I was going to use the cherries in a breakfast crisp when it cools down! I don't love them in smoothies and I thought they would be perfect in a crisp with a granola like topping for breakfast! Great minds!

      Delete
  2. Your bagel pizza looks so much more appetizing than any frozen pizza. I am sorry to hear that your rice soup/stirfry dish didn’t turn out. I do like your variations though as they can really change a dish and make it feel new and different. I continue to moon over your hiking photos. Those posts are like a gorgeous commercial for visiting Arizona 😍. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! The pizza bagel was great and definitely satisfied the craving! It was definitely nice to be able to salvage the dish. I definitely could have turned it around with more ingredients but it definitely was an improvement!

      Awwww thank you so much! It's so beautiful here, I love being able to share it with you! I'm really looking forward to it cooling down so I can get out and do more. I definitely have some plans for the cooler season!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts