Arizona Adventures: First Time in Sedona!

Hey everyone! Happy Saturday! I hope you're all doing well. I'm back today with one of my most anticipated Arizona Adventure since I moved here almost 2 years ago; Sedona! I've been wanting to get to Sedona for so long and decided I'd do a little day trip since I have the time now. It's about 3.5 hours from Tucson so it was a lot of driving for one day but was so worth it. It's truly magical there.

I didn't go with any real plan, I just wanted to get there and let the day unfold. I knew I wouldn't hike because it was still too hot (it got into the low 90s there) but I wanted to see some of the scenery and majestic red rocks. I knew I would have lunch there and also check out some of the metaphysical shops. Otherwise, the day was completely unplanned and I ended up having a great time!




I decided to stop at Chapel of the Holy Cross first. I wanted to see this beautiful landmark that is built into the red rocks in Sedona. I didn't go into the church, I just checked it out from below and it really was so beautiful.


This was in the area of the church and the photos do not do the red rocks justice. While I was driving into Sedona and got my first glimpse of the red rocks I was completely in awe. It is just so beautiful and awe inspiring.


Another angle of the church.


It just looks so beautiful. 


This is a pretty majestic view of the red rocks.



I went to several pullouts and scenic viewpoints to view the red rocks.


This was from the Bell Rock viewpoint. Bell Rock is a Sedona landmark and definitely a hike I'd like to do once it cools down a bit.


Here's a closer look at Bell Rock. It's just one of many beautiful spots in Sedona and I can't wait to go back.


As I mentioned, I knew I would get some lunch since I was there all day. I decided to try out Dellepiane as they have many vegan options and some that sounded really interesting. I decided to go for the empanada lunch special and got a vegan spanikopita empanada and a vegan green chile, potato, mushroom empanada. The empanadas were ok, I do wish the spanikopita one tasted a little more like the spanikopita I remember from my pre-vegan days. The other one had a definite kick from the green chiles and was pretty good. I'm not sure I would get them again because there are other menu options that I think I would like better, but I'm glad I gave them a try since vegan empanadas are not a typical menu item that I've seen when restaurants offer vegan options.

One other thing that I didn't mention was that I stopped into an Art Gallery called Exposures International Gallery. There is no photography allowed within the gallery but I linked the website if you'd like to check it out because it was such an incredible gallery, probably my favorite one I've been in! The art was so beautiful and just up my alley. There was a lot of southwestern/Arizona landscape paintings, beautiful works where crystals were worked into the art, statues, jewelry and so much more. It was beautiful and I'm so happy that I decided to check it out. 

So that's about all from my trip to Sedona! I am so excited to go back once it is cooler to finally get some hikes in! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here soon! 💜

Comments

  1. I went to Sedona many years ago and I remember it being such a fascinating place! The red rocks felt homey to me in a way because I'm originally from the red dirt plains. I went in late October, when it was nice and cool, if I recall correctly, which was great for hiking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh I love that it felt homey! The red rocks were so stunning, I was jn absolute awe! I can't wait to go back when it's a little cooler so I can actually go for a hike and enjoy it from the trails 😊 good to know about late October, I'll keep an eye on the weather as it gets closer!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts