Arizona Adventures: Escaping the Heat on Mt. Lemmon!

Hi everyone! I hope you've all had a great week! Thank you for stopping in for another adventure post! As I've mentioned, I've been taking a week day each week to go on some sort of adventure for the sake of my mental health as I work on gaining employment and starting up a business. It's still brutally hot here in Arizona (we hit 110 degrees on this particular day) so I decided to find relief at higher elevation on Mt. Lemmon. If I'm being honest, I'm really afraid of encountering rattlesnakes on trails so I've been avoiding the trails during rattlesnake season, but I had a really nice time exploring the vistas and the ski area. It was a beautiful 71 degrees at the highest point I went to (the ski area) and it was just so nice to be at a temperature that isn't oppressive. The drive up the montain is also beautiful as you follow the winding roads and watch the changes as you climb in elevation (cacti at the bottom which disappear as you climb and then you have the beautiful trees as you reach higher elevations).


This view is up at the top at the ski area. While it is not the most green view on the mountain you can see that it is much more green and this view is so beautiful.


The next 5 photos are from Windy Point Vista, my favorite vista on the mountain. I've watched several sunsets from this vista and it's so beautiful every time.


This is the first time I went to this particular viewpoint during the day and it was so pretty! Can you believe how blue the sky is?!


You can walk out on the rocks and explore a bit. It's still not at a really high elevation so it was about 80 degrees when I got there which is considerably cooler than at the base but still a little warm in this exposed area.


I did meet a little snake friend on the rocks here but it was not a rattlesnake thankfully. It was a little snake who was probably more afraid of me and made its exit quite quickly. I've only seen one rattlesnake since moving here and it was in the parking lot of my apartment complex so it was easily visible but still a little scary! I'm more afraid to encounter them on trails because they blend in so easily I am so scared I won't see them until it's too late. That is where most of my fear comes from.


How beautiful is this view?!


This is another photo from the ski area. You can really see how green it is in this photo. Mt. Lemmon is so beautiful, I'm so grateful to have access so such a great place to explore and go on adventures.

So that's all from my weekday morning adventure on Mt. Lemmon. Otherwise, I've just been working on getting my life back on track and keeping my anxiety and mental health in check. Outings like this one really help as it removes me from the stress for a few hours and allows me to enjoy some nature. 

I hope you all have a wonderful rest of your weekend and I'll see you back here on Tuesday for some more meals I've been making from my pantry and freezer 💜


Comments

  1. I think virtually all snakes are afraid of us, and a rattlesnake is likely to warn you in enough time to get away before it strikes (it rattles, of course!) unless you step on it or something. And even if you do get bitten, there are antivenoms we can get now. But I understand the concern. There are fortunately no poisonous snakes where I live now, so if I run across snake friends, they're just my friends! But also kind of scared.

    I am glad there is at least somewhere you can go to get some relief from the heat. I bet you're longing for autumn more than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely agree that they are more afraid of us! I wasn't afraid of the rattlesnake I saw in the parking lot, I think I'm just worried about running into one on a hike alone. Due to the current employment situation I'm trying to avoid medical events as much as possible 😅 the little one I saw on the rocks was a cutie and they are all friends for sure. I just don't want surprise friends 🤣

      Yes, I can't wait for the fall! I'm so ready for it 🙌🏻 I will miss summer produce though 🥺

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts