Vincent van Gogh Immersive Experience!

Hi everyone! I hope you're all doing well and having a nice start to your weekend. Today's post is a fun one and also a throwback that I found on my phone while going through old photos. I'm really excited to share my experience at the van Gogh Immersive Experience. I'm not sure how many cities had access to this exhibit, but I was lucky that Tucson was one of them. I believe that it is closed now, unfortunately, but I am so glad that I found out about it while it was open.

I don't have a ton of pictures but I believe it captures the experience pretty well. When you walk in you have a little exhibit that discusses the life and work of Vincent van Gogh. Once you've walked through the exhibit you enter the immersive experience room where his work is being projected on the walls and floor. You sit on a bench or chair and you become completely immersed (hence the name) in his work. The pictures I'm going to share absolutely do not do it justice. It was so beautifully done and well executed and I really did get completely lost in it. I believe that this experience got mixed reviews but I absolutely adored every second of it, probably because van Gogh is my absolute favorite artist.


Even the entrance to the exhibit was beautiful.


I got there really early so I had the room to myself for a pretty good amount of time.


As you can see, the projections take up the entirety of the room.




There was a lot that I didn't photograph because I was just enjoying the experience. There were quotes added into the projections and it just flowed so beautifully and really told an amazing story.


My sister-in-law loves sunflowers so the sunflowers series always makes me think of her.



Call me basic but Starry Night is my favorite painting. I love the color and the movement and those that know me well know that I love all things celestial. 


It's just so beautiful!

There was also a virtual reality experience for an extra fee but I chose to skip that. I got a magnet to add to my magnet collection of places I've been since moving to Arizona (I should take a picture of them for you!) and headed out. As far as I know there was no time limit in the room and I stayed for a couple of loops of the presentation. It was a little pricey but for me, it was worth every penny. My next goal is to get to Amsterdam to go to the van Gogh museum!

So that's all I have for you today. I'll be back on Tuesday with some meals I've been eating over the past week. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 💜


Comments

  1. Museums are such lovely places, so much of the time. I like to find obscure ones to wander through.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts