Stuff I've Been Eating #1

 Hey everyone! I hope you've been doing well. I'm finally here today sharing some meals I've been eating over the past week or so. I'm eating on a budget as I am still currently looking for work, but I'm so grateful that I had a well stocked pantry and freezer at the time that I was laid off. I have many pounds of frozen fruit for smoothies that I had previously gotten from Costco, lots of rice and different kinds of beans and grains and pastas. I have frozen veggies and tons of tofu (also previously purchased from Costco) and a lot of really great ingredients to work with to create some great meals. I do buy some limited fresh items and sale items to round out the dishes and I feel like I've been doing well so far. I apologize for any terrible lighting in this post and posts to come, the lighting in my apartment is awful!


I got some Asian chopped salad mix on sale and have been enjoying it for a light summer lunch. On this day I added some frozen edamame that I had on hand for some protein and a granny smith apple on the side. I have been craving granny smith apples specifically lately and have been eating one pretty much every day!


This tasty meal was avocado toast on a toasted bagel (I got a bag of day old bagels at a pretty big discount for my freezer) and some strawberries.


I've been using my frozen fruit stockpile to make smoothie bowls with toppings such as grain free granola, freeze dried fruit, hemp seeds and cacao nibs. This particular bowl was an acai bowl as I have a few acai packets left in my freezer as well. I swear every day I thank past Sarah for going to a dietician and keeping a really well stocked pantry and freezer.


Iced coffee is a given! I've been using the Planet Oat Caramel Creamer because it is the least expensive one I can find and it tastes great! I was a diehard for Silk Almond creamers but I think I've been converted!


This was a splurgey breakfast as an appointment brought me next door to a bagel shop that has vegan cream cheese options, so I enjoyed a cinnamon raisin bagel with vegan cream cheese. I topped my coffee with some of the Coco Whip I got from Winco. It was a really nice breakfast and I'm glad that I treated myself.


I swear my quesadilla wasn't that burnt looking in real life but for some reason it looks really dark in the photo. I had some refried beans I needed to use up so I made a refried bean and cheeze quesadilla with some steamed corn on the cob on the side.

That's all I have for today! I will get back into the groove with photographing meals and will show you more of what I've been making with my doomsday prepper stockpile πŸ˜‚ I'm totally kidding, it's not that bad at all (I wouldn't have space for all of that!) but I do have some great options that I can use to make some more creative meals moving forward.  Thanks again for stopping by and I'll see you in the next one! πŸ’œ

Comments

  1. Wow these dishes look scrumptious! Past-Sarah is a very smart person πŸ˜‹. You have been very creative in making diverse and enticing dishes. And best of luck with the job search πŸ€- Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm so grateful to past Sarah! I think I'm going to make sure I use mainly pantry and freezer items this week as I would like to keep my trips to the store down to every other week 🀞🏻 I'm excited to get more creative and share what I make!

      Delete
  2. Balance is so important--treats and frugality--and so is a well-stocked freezer and pantry. I hope sharing your food helps make it more fun to solve the frugal food puzzle. I did a low spend challenge last year in August, and it was both fun and frustrating, but I really enjoyed sharing the results, which made it easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely! The treats really help balance the use of the same ingredients all the time but it's nice to be able to be creative with my meals and I'm really looking forward to sharing them here!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts