Arizona Adventures: Mica View Trail in Saguaro National Park

Hey everyone! Happy weekend! I hope you're all doing well. Thank you for joining me again for the last of my previous adventures here in Tucson! While it has been very fun taking a walk down memory lane, I'm excited to share some of what I've been up to recently with you. In the meantime, I have another hiking trip to Saguaro National Park to share with you today. I mentioned in my last post that I had gone on a sunrise hike with my friend on the east side of Saguaro previously, and I found those sunrise photos to share with you. I'm so glad that I found them because you know I'm a sucker for beautiful morning light.

The east side of Saguaro National Park has an 8 mile paved scenic road that you can drive and stop at overlooks and trailheads. For this hike, we entered the park and started driving on the road until we got to the trailhead. When we entered the park and started driving on the road, we had 3 coyotes cross the road in front of my car. It was so cool to see them and also a reminder that these parks are home to a lot of wildlife and to always be aware! I should have realized that coyotes would be out and about at sunrise but it was definitely a good reminder!



I absolutely can not with this gorgeous glowy morning light. While we were expecting the firey Arizona sky for sunrise we were treated to this gorgeous, gentle sunrise.


The trail itself was really easy. It was short (less than two miles) and was pretty flat. It was a great hike for early morning.



I just love how the mountains are glowing in the background of this photo. As you can see, the trail is flat but the views are great. I definitely recommend this trail if you aren't really a hiker but want to get out and see the desert and the national park.



After we hiked we completed the driving loop and enjoyed more of the beautiful scenery and overlooks. It was another great morning!

Thank you so much for staying with me while I went through all of the fun things I've done since moving to Tucson (at least for now, there are probably things I've missed going through my photos!). I am so excited to share some new things that I've been doing lately to keep myself entertained during the Arizona summer. See you in the next one! 💜

Comments

  1. Wow I don't usually get out too early for hikes but your gorgeous pictures have me re-thinking that. Looking forward to hearing about some of your current adventures. I hope it is cooling down out there. - Sri.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become way more of a sunrise girl than sunset! It's equally beautiful with fewer people!

      Delete
  2. Morning light is so beautiful. I am relieved to see the days shortening!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts